Grant: $98,620,828 - Office of Elementary and Secondary Education - Jul. 1, 2009
0% voted satisfied - 100% voted not satisfied - 2 vote(s) cast
Award Description: Government Services Fund- for public safety and other government services, which may include assistance for elementary and secondary education and public institutions of higher education, and for modernization, renovation, or repair of public school facilities and institutions of higher education facilities, including modernization, renovation, and repairs that are consistent with a recognized green building rating.
Project Description: Within our application for initial funding, 97.2% of the SFSF Government Service Fund has been allocated for elementary and secondary education and the remainder 2.8% has been allocated for education data collection and analysis.
Jobs Summary: For Central Administration staff, 0.56 jobs created and 19.36 jobs retained. For Teachers/Instructors/Department Heads staff, 22.25 jobs created and 1273.47 jobs retained. For Paraprofessionals staff, 2.00 jobs created and 74.67 jobs retained. For Clerical Support staff, 1.04 jobs created and 54.05 jobs retained. For Guidance Counselors staff, 1.00 jobs created and 5.65 jobs retained. For School Nurse/Health Services staff, 1.00 jobs created and 2.00 jobs retained. For Custodial staff, 0.80 jobs created and 87.63 jobs retained. For Technical/Computer Specialists staff, 1.00 jobs created and 2.00 jobs retained. For Library/Media staff, 0.00 jobs created and 30.44 jobs retained. For Food Services staff, 0.00 jobs created and 1.00 jobs retained. For Athletics/Coaches staff, 0.00 jobs created and 2.00 jobs retained. For Class Advisors staff, 0.00 jobs created and 0.00 jobs retained. For All Outside Consultants and Vendors except for RESCs and SERC staff, 0.00 jobs created and 2.00 jobs retained. For the current fiscal year, SFSF comprises 14.26 percent of the Education Cost Sharing (ECS) grant, Connecticut's major education funding mechanism (9.19 percent from the Education State Grants and 5.07 percent from Government Services). While no SFSF funds have been paid to the LEAs as of September 30th due to the pending approval of the State biennial budget and the implementing, towns were assured that there would be no reduction to the ECS grant and set their board of education appropriations accordingly. Therefore, LEAs were able to assess what the impact would have been had their approved budget reflected a 14.26 percent reduction to their ECS grant. (Total jobs reported: 1,584)
Project Status: Not Started
This award's data was last updated on Jul. 1, 2009. Help expand these official descriptions using the wiki below.
Funds from this award have been disbursed to sub-grantees. Click here to see a list of sub-grantees.
|Winchester Board of Education Inc||$396,703||WINSTED||CT|
|Town of Tolland||$545,533||TOLLAND||CT|
|Windham Public School District||$1,225,488||WILLIMANTIC||CT|
|Oxford School District||$233,584||OXFORD||CT|
|Town of Brookfield||$77,611||BROOKFIELD||CT|
|North Stonington School District||$146,657||NORTH STONINGTON||CT|
|Town of Branford||$89,192||BRANFORD||CT|
|Town of Watertown||$595,734||WATERTOWN||CT|
|Regional School District 1 of Litchfield County||$4,326||FALLS VILLAGE||CT|
|Darien Public Schools||$81,937||DARIEN||CT|
|New Hartford School System||$159,407||NEW HARTFORD||CT|
|Sterling Memorial School District||$160,547||ONECO||CT|
|Town of Ashford||$197,544||ASHFORD||CT|
|Town of Farmington||$81,684||FARMINGTON||CT|
|ROCKY HILL, TOWN OF||$170,121||ROCKY HILL||CT|
|Stonington, Town Hall||$104,510||STONINGTON||CT|
|Town of Newtown||$218,514||NEWTOWN||CT|
|Town of Clinton||$327,831||CLINTON||CT|
|Town of North Haven||$160,980||NORTH HAVEN||CT|