Grant: $1,536,233 - Department of Justice - Apr. 24, 2009
0% voted satisfied - 100% voted not satisfied - 1 vote(s) cast
Award Description: This grant provides funds from the Recovery Act to enhance State victim compensation payments to eligible crime vicitms.
Project Description: The Victims Compensation Assistance Program received $1.536 million in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act stimulus money. Approximately 95% of the funds are being used to pay claims for losses such as funeral, loss of support, loss of earnings, counseling, relocation, crime scene clean-up, etc. The remaining 5% will be used as part of a public awareness campaign to increase the visibility of the Victims Compensation Assistance Program for crime victims in hospital emergency rooms.
Jobs Summary: Because these funds pay for victims' compensation, there are 0 jobs created or retained. (Total jobs reported: 0)
Project Status: More than 50% Completed
This award's data was last updated on Apr. 24, 2009. Help expand these official descriptions using the wiki below.
Funds from this award have been disbursed to sub-grantees. Click here to see a list of sub-grantees.